Monday, February 17, 2014

Online Pot-Luck

 I would like to do something kinda strange today! Have any of you heard of "Pot-Luck" dinners? You know, the things churches do once a month where all of the ladies bring a dish, and you get to fill your plate with tons and tons of homemade goodness? Well, I would like to do an online "pot-luck"! This can be on-going. I think it'll be a fun way for people to access everyone's favorite recipes in one, simple place.

Here's what I'm thinking. In a comment, type your favorite recipe, and hit submit. It's that easy! Then you will have access to everyone else's recipes from the other comments posted. This should help to find variety in meal-planning, and hopefully, we can all try some different dishes that we would have never known about before!

All I ask is that the recipes are all different. Please look at previous recipes and make sure you don't duplicate someone's. (This will give us more variety) If it is something that can be frozen and enjoyed later, AWESOME! Just let us know! I hope you all enjoy this! I am SO excited to enjoy new recipes from you all.

I'll kick it off with one of my favorites:
Green Chile Chicken Pasta
Ingredients:
- Spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- Two small cans of Chopped Green Chiles
- Two large (three small) chicken breasts boiled and shredded
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I use the Mexican mixed bag, but cheddar would work)

Combine noodles, sour cream, green chiles, and chicken in a casserole dish (I use 9x13, but almost anything would work) and mix together. Spread cheese over the top. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling. Serve! (I will add that I haven't frozen this recipe before, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work to freeze it before baking it.)j

Now, it's your turn!!









2 comments:

Cams said...

This is one of my favorites. I make it at least once a month, which doesn't seem like a lot but for me to make ANYTHING more than once means something...http://www.cookincanuck.com/2011/11/hearty-chicken-stew-with-butternut-squash-quinoa-recipe/

I use frozen butternut squash to save time!

Bellemithra said...

Please let me know if this posts properly. If not, please go to my blog:

http://thefriebergs.blogspot.com/2013/06/chicken-piccata-with-artichoke-hearts.html

Chicken Piccata with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes

Ingredients

*3/4 cup all-purpose flour
*1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
*4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded thin and cut into bite sized pieces
*2 tablespoons olive oil, use more as needed for frying
*3 cloves garlic, minced
*1 onion, minced
*3/4 cup white wine
*1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
*2 tablespoons lemon juice
*2 (13.75 ounce) jars artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, liquid reserved
*3 tablespoons butter
*1 can (14.5 ounce) stewed tomatoes, chop tomatoes into thirds
*1/4 cup capers, with liquid


Directions

1. Mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning on a plate. One by one, dredge the chicken pieces in the prepared flour mixture.

2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken pieces until nicely browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside on dish lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.

3. Using the same skillet, cook and stir the garlic and onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.

4. Pour the white wine into the skillet, turn the heat to high, and cook until the wine reduces by half, 4 to 5 minutes.

5. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, artichoke hearts, reserved artichoke liquid, and browned chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.

6. Stir in butter, and simmer additional 5 minutes.

7. Turn off heat. Add tomatoes and capers.

8. Serve with cooked pasta or rice.