Thursday, April 10, 2014

Brain Work

I have always had a thing for memorizing facts, data, quotes, and most importantly, scripture. Yes, it has been established that I am a total, hopeless nerd. I am ok with this. 

Well, I found this app called "fighter verses" that is AMAZING!! It gives you quizzes and activities to help memorize scripture verses. It even puts the verses to music - which I think is super helpful, even if the song is overwhelmingly cheesy! ha.

I think Scripture memory is absolutely vital for Believers' minds. Think about it. How many times are you in the middle of a crisis or not quite a crisis but still a hard time and you wish there was something that would help you know how to overcome or deal with the situation in that moment? It happens to me often. If you have to stop, find your Bible, search for verses, look on the internet for something that applies, read and try to understand, there is a LOT of time that Satan has to try to play on your mind and emotions before the Truth has an opportunity to sink in. (do not get me wrong. I think reading Scripture is absolutely necessary. I just think in times of crisis, having Scripture memorized is more readily accessible to fight the evil one.) If you were able to just pull up the Truth at a moment's notice and extinguish the fiery arrows of the evil one in that moment, think about how much more effective and powerful that makes you?!

I really believe we are in the middle of a Spiritual War at every moment. Regardless of what you believe about the spiritual realm, there are clear powers of evil battling against clear powers of good. All I know is that I want to be equipped to fight when I need to!

It usually takes me a week or two to really memorize a passage to where it becomes a part of me. The reason why I recommend this app to you is because I memorized a fairly long passage in one hour yesterday with its help! It was amazing to me! I just thought I would share. :)

I can't wait to overwhelm you all with massive amounts of photos of my little bug after his finalization on Monday!!! Wahoo!! It's just a few days away!!

Now, I must show off my scripture memory from yesterday:

Philippians 3:7-11
But whatever gain I had, I considered it loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I consider everything loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus, my Lord. For the sake of Christ, I have suffered the loss of all things, that I may gain CHRIST and be found in HIM - not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ,  the righteousness from God that depends on faith - that I may know HIM and the power of His resurrection, and may share in His sufferings, becoming like HIM in His death, that by ANY MEANS POSSIBLE I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

Boom-shaka-laka.

No comments: