Monday, January 13, 2014

Quarter of a year already?!

We have now had our little guy - we have been calling him "Little Bug", so that is what I will refer to him as here - for 3 months now! I can't believe it has flown by so quickly!!! I have to say, he is probably the cutest baby I've ever seen in my life, and his personality makes him even more lovable. He is such a smiley guy, and he gives cheesy grins to everyone he meets. *soap box: most people call this "flirting". I REFUSE to call it flirting when a baby smiles at someone. I think this is just creepy to think of a tiny human flirting with grown adults... I mean, seriously!! Ok, soap box over* 

He is so strong, and his favorite thing is to stand up while holding on to our fingers. I can't wait to post pictures of this tiny baby standing and smiling. SO cute!!!

So far, he has already traveled to Lubbock, Atlanta, and Phoenix. Soon he will also travel to Denver, Red River, and Dallas. He is a nationwide traveler and has the best attitude about it! At the risk of sounding braggy He didn't cry or make a peep on any of the flights - even though we were delayed, re-routed, had flights canceled, and ran out of formula and had to make a late night, out of town, wal-mart run. Good baby! Needless to say, the travel experience could have been MUCH worse if he had been a grumpy-gus traveler!

I will write more at a later date about all that God has been teaching us and how He has been working in our marriage and in our relationships with Him through having this baby and developing a bond with him and his birth mother... There is so much to say on this topic, but I don't think I have the right words at this point. I promise to do it when the words come. :)

For now, I am back to work, praying through God's plan for our lives, and just enjoying the moments as they come. Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers. They mean the WORLD to me!

As we begin 2014, I can't help but look back on all The Lord has done in our lives over the last year. He brought us from a place of hopelessness in infertility to a place of joy and fulfillment of His promises through adoption. He established deep, meaningful friendships with brothers and sisters in Christ who encourage and uplift us. He weeded out many things in our lives that were meaningless and unfruitful - this was, at times, very painful, but it yielded so much reward in the end. He has guided us into a sweet relationship with Himself, and for that, I am eternally changed and grateful. Praise God for His Faithfulness. 

No comments: