Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Advocare - Day 1: Feast and Famine

I have recently admitted to myself that I am just NOT one of those faithful daily monthly bloggers. ha. That puts it mildly! HOWEVER, I am going to challenge myself to 24 days of uninterrupted blogging to go alongside my 24 days of healthy eating/living. Place your bets now on how long this lasts... you might just make some money off of my inconsistency! Then again, I really hope it's different this time! ha. I guess I seem to always be in a mode of either feast or famine.

So here was the catalyst:
- In my last post I talked about how I needed a revolution in my life. Essentially, shape up or ship out, right?!
- I have decided to take my life seriously. This includes my health, relationships, and work.

I don't think I've told y'all this yet, but Austin and I sell AdvoCare as a part-time business and also so we can get the discount on the products. Well, I have done three 24 day challenges in the most half-a$$ed way ever, and still lost some weight and saw some benefits. This time, I want to do it right. I actually went to the store and got all of the right foods, I marked it all in my calendar, and I even got some friends to do it with me this time for accountability! I'm hoping to really see a change outwardly and feel a change inwardly.

As a part of the challenge, I am not going to drink alcohol for the next 24 days and I will not eat anything that is not on the AdvoCare approved food list! (Good luck, Liz)

Day 1: drank my spark 30 minutes before  breakfast, drank down my cardboard fiber drink, and ate whole-uncut oatmeal with no sugar and a piece of fruit for breakfast. for a snack, I will have  a handful of almonds. for lunch, I will have turkey, a carrot, and mini bell peppers. for a snack, another handful of almonds. for dinner, I will eat lightly seasoned chicken and steamed broccoli and take my omegaplex. At bedtime, I will take my Herbal Cleanse horse pills. And LOTS of water throughout the day! Yay, me!

For my exercise today, since it is blowing sleet outsisde (yes, in late April...ugh), I will briskly walk on my treadmill for 30 minutes and use the TOWER 200 beast machine... please laugh now. My sweet husband bought the tower 200 as seen on tv while watching an infomercial late at night, and I mocked him mercilessly, along with his friends, until I used it and realized it totally will turn me into a beast if I keep at it. At least that's what I tell myself to get me through the shame.

Anyway............. So, day one of the challenge is off to a great start. I have a feeling the subsequent blog posts might not be as long, but they will be here. mark my word.... or make $50 off of me. ha. I would post before and after pics, but I still have a little pride left at this point, so I won't do that to your eyes.
 I'm hoping for RESULTS!! And I KNOW I can get them!!!
tower 200

24 day challenge

No comments: