Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day. Ouch. (Advocare - Day 20)



Happy mother's day!!

I was a mess on Sunday!! I woke up in just enough time to get ready for church and get out the door! I drank my spark and took my MNS packs. I didn't have a chance to drink my meal replacement shake though.. :-\ We met Austin's parents at the Amarillo Club for brunch at 11. I actually did pretty well for this place! It's an open buffet of all comfort foods in the world... biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, macaroni and lobster, etc... I opted for a healthy egg-white omelet and a salad! However, I did eat a few bites of Austin's oreo pie... I couldn't help it!! It was right there!!! ha. Oh well.

Today was a day of mixed emotions for me. It is a day when I have a special time to think about how blessed I am to have the mother I do. She is one of the most amazing women I have ever met, and she is constantly concerned with bringing lost souls to Christ. She has never fallen short on uplifting, encouraging, and challenging me in my daily walk with the Lord. She is kind, patient, sweet, funny, quirky, intelligent, and she has suffered a lot and allowed it to make her stronger and more humble instead of bitter. Short story: my mother is INCREDIBLE!!

On the other hand, I feel it deeper today that I am still not a mother. At brunch, they passed out chocolate boxes to all mothers as the entered the restaurant... They asked if I was a mother, and I had to say "no", so they passed by me and gave the chocolates to the next person. Now, I am glad I didn't have to face the temptation of eating the chocolates, but it was a bitter moment for me that I was passed over. It was a physical picture of what my heart feels like constantly... That I am being passed over... That I am, most certainly, not a mother. It's hard. My sweet mom called me today to wish me a "happy future mother's day" in faith that God is preparing our own baby in His perfect timing. It was very sweet of her. Just a hard day. I deserved the few bites of pie.

My sweet mom:

No comments: